My Voice and the #VoicesofPCOS


I'm pretty excited about today.

Why?

Today, I've been given a guest blogging spot at The Infertility Voice for their #VoicesofPCOS series the folks over there are featuring this month.

For those of you who might not know, September is PCOS Awareness Month. PCOS is a medical condition that affects millions of women, impacting their physical health, their self-image as well as their fertility. In fact, PCOS is one of the leading causes of infertility in women today.

Most of you might not be aware I have suffered with PCOS for quite some time. In fact, I didn't even realize what PCOS was and how it was affecting me until I met Dr. S a little over two years ago.

So, yes, I am one of the Voices of PCOS 2014.

Long story short, even if you aren't a regular reader of the blog, check out this post, A String of Pearls I Could Live Without.

If you need further incentive to go read (what are you still doing here, anyway??), here you go.  First of all, Keiko and the folks at The Infertility Voice are just awesome. She works hard to promote advocacy and education for all types of family building options and reproductive health issues.

Secondly, someone you may care about might be unwittingly suffering from PCOS and you might be able to encourage her to get the help that will help improve her quality of life.

So, what are you waiting for? Go check out my story, as well as the other remarkable women who have shared their stories as well.

If you don't already, like my page, One Tough Egg, on Facebook and follow me @OneToughEgg on Twitter. Of course, you can add yourself as a member on my blog page as well to get immediate updates.

Comments

Popular Posts